Monday, November 11, 2013

Tylers 4th and 5th week in Maryville



Week 4: This week was like a roller coaster! The week started off great! We taught some amazing lessons, had some real progress with our investigators and my relationship with my companions was only getting better! Then right after we taught our best lesson ever on Wednesday, the week started to go downhill quickly. Something came up with two people where we had to drop their baptismal date, and two of our other investigators dropped us, which was a huge bummer! Then the week got way better yesterday which was my birthday! Even though nothing special actually happened on my birthday, we got fed a great roast meal and I made myself a cake, lit the candles and blew them out. It was probably the weirdest birthday I have ever had! But i loved it, thanks for all the birthday wishes! On Wednesday we had an exchange which is where one of the Elders in our companionship went with an Elder from the Zone leader’s companionship for 24 hours. Elder Christensen switched places with Elder Antileo. Elder Antileo is from Santiago Chile and speaks fluent Spanish and English, which is the closest thing to Portuguese that exists up here. So somewhat talking to him was nice because I got to practice... sort of. He is also a really interesting guy! I also think that I’m going to stay here until right after Christmas, and then I think I will fly down to Brazil to start off the New Year right.

Week 5: This week flew by faster than any other weeks on my mission so far! Last Monday on P-day we ate some rice bowls from a really good Japanese place called Osaka's. The best part was they were completely filling, tasted great, and only cost $5. I love it! Then the rest of the day we played basketball at the church, ate dinner, and taught a lesson to finish the day off. Oh and we played some sand volleyball which was the first time I had played in like a month. I was a little rusty to say the least! The only thing more depressing is I haven't played in a soccer game since August, it's killing me! But besides that my time here is amazing. I am absolutely loving Maryville Tennessee and all of the people here, redneck or not. Now that I’m really getting into missionary mode, time is going by faster than i want it to. I'm really enjoying the missionary life and i don't want it to end! Things went really well this week with the people we are talking with as well as finding new people who are curious about our church and what we believe. If you don't know a lot about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, email me or visit mormon.org to learn more. I love this church with all my heart and I want to share it with the entire world. That's why I’m on a mission, because Christ said that if we love Him than "feed my sheep". And that's exactly what I’m out here to do. I love and miss everyone. Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment