Monday, November 25, 2013

Tyler's 7th week in Maryville

This week was a jam packed week full of work and service! And I loved it!!! We visited a ton of less-active members of our church and invited them to come to church on Sunday and learn more about Jesus Christ and increase their faith in Him. I loved visiting with them and being able to talk about how we can increase our faith together. We also did a lot of service this week. We redid the siding on somebody's house which took up the majority of our day. I really loved being able to learn something new about how to put up siding on a house. This could definitely come in handy some day! We also sanded the walls of another member’s house so she could get ready to paint. I feel like when it says that "charity is the pure love of Christ" in the scriptures, that it is one of the truest statements. You cannot feel anything but love while serving someone else or receiving the service. Christ’s entire life was directed towards service in one way or another. He also performed the ultimate act of service with His atoning sacrifice. The least we can do for Him in return is to strive to serve our fellow man at all times and in all places. So if you are reading this I challenge you to try and do at least one act of service for another person anonymously. I promise you will feel good about it when you're done and you will feel the love of Christ. I love hearing from everyone so please don't stop writing me! And if you haven't written me yet, it's never too late to start Have a great week everyone!!
tyler.byron@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment