Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week Two In Knoxville

Hey Everyone! I'm on week two of my mission in the field. So far everything is amazing!! I'm getting so caught up in the work here that time is flying by! Even though it's going quick, the days are still hard. I have noticed that when I’m working the hardest and being the most obedient that time goes by quickly and my days are generally a lot happier! I've noticed a few things that bring about miracles on my mission. Proper planning brings miracles, Faith brings miracles, Obedience brings miracles, and hard work brings miracles. I have plenty of examples to back it up too. This week we did a lot of visiting to people that lived close because we were on bikes. The city and areas where most people live is about 4-5 miles away from where we live, so we only went up there twice this past week. All in all we did around 30 miles on bike this week, which really wasn't that much at all. The only problem is that it's up hill... both ways! But I guess what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger! This weekend is the ward party Chili and Pie cook of which I’m really excited for. If there is anything amazing about the South it's their food without a doubt. So I’m really excited for that. We also should have some less active members there so hopefully the ward with fellowship them well! The people down here are so nice. Even if they aren't Mormon they still love to talk about us and about Christ which is always a bonus. And EVERYONE down here knows their Christ! I love the spirit here and I’m really excited for the holiday season when Jesus is on everyone's mind and the joy can be felt in the air. I love my mission and I love doing God's work on the earth. I hope to hear from everyone soon! Love you all! 
          Love Elder Tyler Byron!

I think this might be the mission home?

Mission Flag

Tyler's Apartment

Tyler's Apartment

Tyler said a lot of the churches out there have cemeteries in the front

A random sign they found

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment