Monday, October 7, 2013

Tyler's Last Week At The M.T.C.



Hey everyone! This week was one of the best weeks, if not THE best week here so far. Everything was perfectly normal until around Thursday. Thursday is when I got my temporary re-assignment in the US until my Visa comes through. If you haven't heard yet, I am going to Knoxville, Tennessee mission. I am super excited to go serve in the south because it's so different than where I have grown up my whole life. I also here that they have some amazing BBQ which I am also a big fan of! I found that out Thursday night while the rest of my district also opened their calls. We have some missionaries going to the Everett, WA mission, Little Rock, Arkansas mission, Indianapolis, IN mission and the Long Beach, CA mission, a lot of amazing places to go while we all wait for our Visas. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be using the Portuguese language as much, which could hurt my current progress. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. If you know Portuguese, email me in Portuguese so I can practice reading and responding back. That would be a huge help! Friday, actually nothing really happened. But then Saturday and Sunday came which was when General Conference was on T.V. General Conference is when all the members of the church gather together, or watch the broadcast on T.V. of the Prophet and his apostles speaking to the members of the church about what God wants us to hear. They talk about what we can do to improve ourselves as Disciples of Christ and how we can learn to serve others in new ways. It is usually the most spiritually uplifting part of the year! (Happens twice a year). That took up most of my day, because here in the M.T.C. when there is conference on, we pay attention! Our whole schedule is formed around the Conference times so we don't have to miss a single minute. It was amazing. Then Sunday night we had our devotional which was the best one we have had so far. The guest speaker was actually a guest group. To share their testimonies through word and song…Vocal Point came and talked to us and sang some Hymns. If you don't know, Vocal Point is an Acapella(don't know how to spell this) group from BYU and happens to be the #1 College Acapella group in the country. They were absolutely phenomenal. I think that the best part was that they were all return missionaries and had really strong testimonies about the true Gospel of Christ. That was Sunday. All I have done today is pack up my stuff. And now I’m here emailing. Well you should all email me because I love hearing from everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment