Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tyler's First Letter



Hey everyone! I've officially been at the MTC (MIssionary Training Center) for 6 days now. Portugese is going fantastically. We have already learned over 30 verbs and 100 regular words which is insane when you think about. We spend an average of 8 hours a day studying the language 5 days a week, and 2 hours on the other 2 days of the week. It is crazy spiritual being here right now and i wouldn't trade it for a thing. The food is great and the dessert is even better. Unlimited BYU creamery ice cream twice a week, now that's heaven! Today is our Preparation day so it's the time of the week when we get to take care of washing clothes and taking care of emails and stuff like that. My companions who are with me pretty much 24/7 are both great people. One is a redhead from southern Texas who has a Mexican accent, it's awesome. The other one is from North Carolina and he is an interesting person to say the least. But I'm learning to love both of them. I won't be able to have any pictures put up until next week so you will have to wait until then.
 My whole District is full of awesome people and we get along incredibly well for being so different. My district has 8 Sister Missionaries(Girls) and 5 Male Missionaries(boys) which is highly unusual but is a good thing to see happening. you can really tell that the age change for male and female missionaries really made a big difference in a lot of peoples lives including my own. Being out here has only solidified my testimony in Christ and the truthfulness in the restored Gospel and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. I'm excited to spend the next 23ish months serving the lord wherever he wants me(hopefully i get my visa and go to Brazil but it's looking slim for the next 3 months or so). I love and miss everyone! Tschau!


No comments:

Post a Comment