Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tyler's Fourth Week






Well I'm already into my 5th week here at the MTC. I don't even know where the time went! These updates are going to be fairly repetitious while I’m still in the MTC because we do the exact same things every week. The language is still coming great. The food isn't as great. Things like that!
We have investigators that we teach in only Portuguese every day. The investigators are just our teachers pretending to be people that they met in Brazil. It's a really cool experience. It still blows my mind that we can teach an entire lesson in only Portuguese. On Thursday we get to Skype with people currently living in Brazil and get to know them, then teach a lesson. I'm incredibly nervous because it's a native Portuguese speaker and I've only been learning for 4 weeks now. But I think I know just enough for it to work out. I'm at the point where I can hold a conversation with someone in decent Portuguese, but my pronunciations and accent are pretty bad so I’m working hard on improving that. I can read the book of Mormon in Portuguese if I go slowly. I already read the book of Matthew in only Portuguese and it was incredibly helpful. The more I read the easier it gets.
We had more fantastic devotionals this week on Tuesday and Sunday. Still no general authority though. If there is one I think it will be tonight so I will let everyone know. Really though not much has happened that's different. Having the exact same schedule each week makes things kind similar. Next week is the last week that I stay here in the MTC. I get my re-assignment on either the 3rd or 4th of October I believe. If you have any specific questions feel free to write me. tyler.byron@myldsmail.net



Tyler and his district threw a Birthday party for Elder Murray.



Tyler's Desk


Food drawers


Brazil Flag with Tyler's Districts name tags


Elder Hamilton


Tyler's District taking pictures of the Brazil flag

The view from Tyler's room

Temple Grounds

Provo Temple


Classic map picture

Elder Hamilton, Tyler, Sister Sargent and Sister Kimbrell

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to tell you Tyler we are praying for you and know you will do great things. Please let us know if you need anything. Were so exited for you!!!
    Jeffrey and Samantha Leonard

    ReplyDelete